Micro-Frontends for BackEnds Pattern
Question:- How does the old traditional Monolithic App looks like ?
Question:- How was this improved by separation of Backends and Frontends ?
Question:- How did the backend evolved into micro-services ?
Question:- How did the Front-end evolve ?
Question:- What does Micro-Frontends represents ?
Question:- How does the concept of fully-grown teams looks like ?
Idea is that, single team owns both the components : (BackEnd + FrontEnd).
Question:- How does the real-life (BE+FE) combination looks like ?
Question:- What set of tools are usually used for developing Front-end applications ?
Answer → These are main tool-sets :-
- React → For developing front-end applications.
- Webpack → For Packaging.
Question:- With each Micro-Frontend for every BackEnd, How is the code organised into the repositories ?
Question:- What are disadvantages of maintaining the code like this ?
Answer → Following are the main disadvantages of maintaining the multiple repositories for the code :-
- Code is duplicated multiple times in multiple repositories. Thus, if code-change is required to be done against some bug, then it has to be done at multiple places.
- The code is kept & maintained in two different repositories.
- We have to maintain the dependencies of React, Webpack, Babel, etc. in multiple places.
- Testing & deployment has to be done separately.
Overall, this is a tedious process to maintain these multiple repos.
Question:- What can be the alternative to maintain & manage these micro frontends ?
Answer → The answer is Mono-Repos. Here is what a Mono-Repo is :-
Question:- Who uses MonoRepos in Industry ?
Question:- What tools and frameworks can be leveraged for Mono Repos ?
Question:- How the code is organised with Mono-Repos ?
Answer → Structure of repository was changed into an modular design. Here are the crucial points :-
- There was only a single repo for different components like : dweb and mweb.
- All the components (different micro-frontends) could be housed into the same package named ui.
- Each folder-structure have their own deployment-pipeline.
Question:- What are some advantages & dis-advantages with Mono-Repos ?
Question:- What are some limitations with Mono-Repos ?
Question:- What are the conclusions with using Mono-Repos ?
That’s all in this blog. If you liked reading this, do clap on the same. We would meet you in next topic on another blog.